Sunday, February 6, 2011

JUST A WALK

A few times a week, when the weather allows, I try to enjoy a walk of a mile or two along the country road on which I live.  Since I'm walking anyway it only makes sense to carry along a 5 gallon basket and a grabber.  As I filled it with aluminum cans today, as I always do on such walks, I pondered these three things: (1) Are there enough thoughtless people in a county of less than 20,000 to toss 50-60 pounds of cans weekly out of their car windows along the same stretch of road. (2) For every soda can I pick up at least 10 beer cans, is it safe for me to walk out here. (3) Do people really drink water mellon flavored malt liquor.  At any rate such tossings add up to a nice seven night Caribbean cruise by vacation time so I guess walking is good exercise.

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever saw a can smashed into the street? Left to stay there for years on end? The can somewhat "fuses" with the street. It's an ugly sight to say the least. We must all do our part to preserve our environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the job exJUNK did on my property. I never noticed how much actual space I had in my home and garage, until your men over at exJUNK cleared my junk away. And the fact that you recycle really makes this a Joy. Thanks again exJUNK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new found space exJUNK. I was a serious PACK-RAT until your Junk removal therapy session I really needed. Your service is a gift to the our environment. And my home is a lot less cluttered. Thank You exJUNK. Your men are truly "Saving the planet one load at a time". They will always be my junk super-hero's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sanford and Daughter?

    As the offspring of a junkosseur, I am compelled to respond to such musings, if only because they remind me of my travels to the can recycling machine by the local Acme. (Ahh, good times!) But it is these childhood experiences that embue me with the answers to your 3 ponderings:
    1)Look at your Golden Road on Google Maps and see how many outlets of fine liquors are dotted along.
    2) Most of the soda cans were probably thrown out by drivers, considering how much liquor kids are drinking these days.
    3) Like I said, consider how much liquor kids are drinking these days.

    Junk On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Don't just toss it" Guess what? Up to 60% of everything we throw out is recycleable. 1877exjunk1 is developing a receptacle to allow builders and renovators to recycle almost all their construction debris. Builders earn LEED point when they recycle. (That's Leadership in Energy and Enviornmental Design.) Google LEED. Find out more. www.exjunk.com

    ReplyDelete